Slow-Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
- 2 Lb Ground Beef
- 4 Cups Chopped Onions (3 To 4 Medium)
- 2 Cans(28 Oz) Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, Undrained
- ½ Cup A-1 Steak Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Minced
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 16oz Cheddar Cheese Loaf, Cut Into Cubes
- 1 bag (22 Oz) Shoe String Fries
- 2 cups Shredded Lettuce
Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until brown stir in garlic, salt, pepper,
; remove drain.
In slow cooker, mix beef, onions, tomatoes and steak sauce. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 hours, or on High heat setting 4 hours.
Stir in cheese; cover and set slow cooker to Warm heat setting. Stir occasionally while fries cook.
Make fries as directed on package.
Serve soup topped with lettuce and fries.
To freeze: Store soup in quart-size resealable freezer plastic bags. Label, and freeze lying flat. To reheat: Defrost overnight in refrigerator, or in microwavable bowl on Defrost setting in microwave, stirring often. Then microwave uncovered on High 4 to 6 minutes or to 165°F. Serve with freshly cooked waffle fries and shredded lettuce.
- 1 Lg Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Cream
- 1 Can (16.3 Oz) Flaky Refrigerated Biscuits
- 1 (2.1-oz.) Pkg. Precooked Bacon, Cut Into 1/2-Inch Pieces
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4cup Finely Chopped Green Onions (4 Medium)
- Heat oven to 350°F. 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat egg and milk with wire whisk until smooth.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Gently stir biscuit pieces into egg mixture to coat evenly. Fold in bacon, cheese and onions. Spoon mixture into sprayed dish; arrange biscuit pieces in single layer.
- Bake at 350°F. for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares.
Southern Pecan Butterballs
One Of My All-Time Favorite Recipes!
1 C Butter, Room Temperature
1/2 C Sifted Powdered (confectioner’s) Sugar
2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 C All-Purpose Flour
1/4 Tsp Salt
3/4 C Finely Chopped Toasted Nuts*
Powered (confectioner’s) Sugar
* HOW TO TOAST NUTS – SPREAD NUTS IN A SINGLE LAYER ON A BAKING PAN (ONE WITH WALLS IS BEST) FOR TOASTING IN THE OVEN. COOK AT 400 DEGREES F FOR 7 TO 10 MINUTES OR UNTIL THE NUTS START TO TURN GOLDEN. SHAKE THE PAN HALFWAY THROUGH TOASTING.
1. In a large bowl, cream butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Sift in flour and salt; stir until well mixed. Mix in nuts. Refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from oven and cool slightly on wire cooling racks. While cookies are baking, place the powdered sugar in a shallow dish.
4. While still warm, roll cookies in powdered sugar. When cookies have cooled, roll them again in the confectioners sugar to give them a nice even coating of sugar. Store in an airtight container.