You become what you think about all day long…..here are some joyful thoughts to keep you on track….oldies but goodies!
The written word is truly an amazing thing.
With the help of it we can record out innermost thoughts and spread them if we like.
With the help of the written word we can look far, far back into time, through the decades, the centuries and, yes, even the millennias.
Today I would like to look back into the past and see what the wise people who have walked on this earth can tell us about happiness and how to uncover it. No matter if you live today or lived two thousand years ago.
This is 101 of the most inspiring, touching and helpful thoughts from the past on happiness.
- “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.”
- “Happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed.”
- “To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.”
- “If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap.’
If you want happiness for a day — go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.”
- “The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.”
- “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.”
- “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.”
- “It’s a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy.”
- “Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.”
Winnie the Pooh
- “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.”
- “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”
- “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”
Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”
- “To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness.”
- “There are more things to alarm us than to harm us, and we suffer more often in apprehension than reality.”
- “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”
Robert A. Heinlein
- “Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results.”
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
- “The only joy in the world is to begin.”
- “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go”
The Queen Cronista
Excerpted from http://www.positivityblog.com/index.php/2013/08/20/happiness-quotes/