- 2 Pounds Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Med Chopped White Onion
- 1 Sm Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1 (14.5 Ounce) Can Diced Tomatoes With Chiles
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Uncooked Long Grain Rice
- 1/2 Cup Chile Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain excess fat and transfer beef to a large pot over medium low heat.. Stir in the onion, green bell pepper, tomatoes, water, rice, chile sauce, salt, brown sugar, cumin, Worcestershire sauce and ground black pepper ¼ cup of cilantro.
- Let this simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, then fold in 1 cup of the cheese; transport this to a 9 X 13 casserole dish. Press down firmly and sprinkle with the remaining shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with remaining chopped fresh cilantro.