- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Rice
- 4 Lg Boneless Chicken Breast Halves, Cut Into Bite-Size Pieces
- 1 Pinch Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 (26 Ounce) Can Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 (10 Ounce) Can Refrigerated Flaky-Style Biscuit Dough, Separated
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour just enough water into a large skillet to cover the bottom in a shallow layer; add chicken pieces in a single layer. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Turn heat to medium-high and cook chicken, adding water as needed to keep pan wet, until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes; drain liquid.
- Stir cooked rice, cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, milk, and Mexican blend cheese together in a casserole dish. Smooth the top of the mixture with the back of a spoon. Arrange biscuit dough over the bottom layer, breaking dough pieces as needed to get maximum coverage and to avoid overlap.
- Bake in preheated oven until the biscuit topping is golden brown and the bottom layer is heated through completely, 20 to 35 minutes.