Oven 350° 9” X 13” Pan Serves 8-12
- 1 (16 Ounce) Pkg Dry Ziti Pasta
- 1 Lb Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 Lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 (15 Ounce) Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Jumbo Egg
- 1 Large White Onion, Minced
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2tbsp. Chopped Basil
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 (26 Ounce) Jars Spaghetti Sauce, With Meat
- 3 (8 Ounce) Package Shredded 3 Cheese Blend
- 1 (8 Ounce) Package Mozzarella Cheese (to Top)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the ziti, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and beef, and cook and stir until brown, about 10 minutes. Drain sausage/beef and set aside.
- Stir together the ricotta, 2 pkg of cheese, egg, onion, garlic, and oregano, basil in a large bowl until well combined. Stir in the drained pasta, the drained sausage, salt, pepper, and jars of the spaghetti sauce; mix well.
- In the prepared baking dish pour the well mixed pasta, sauce, cheese. Top with the mozzarella cheese. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 30 minutes. Uncover; return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted, 5 to 10 more minutes.