“Easy recipe that tastes like you cooked all day. Chicken breasts are wrapped around ham and mozzarella cheese for a change in this version of the classic baked dish.”
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 6 string cheese sticks
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 12 Sage Leaves
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lay out the pounded chicken breasts on a clean surface. Place a slice of ham on each piece, then one stick of cheese and 2 sage leaves. Roll the chicken up around the cheese and ham, and secure with toothpicks. Dip each roll in melted butter, then roll in bread crumbs. Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is browned and juices run clear.