- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lb. Boneless Chicken Breast, Cut Into 2″ Pieces
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 10 Oz. Canned Red Enchilada Sauce
- 8 Oz. Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- 2 C. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 C. Shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 C. Fresh Chopped Cilantro, Plus More For Garnish
- 8 Sm Corn Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f. In a large skillet over medium-high heat drizzle olive oil and sauté chicken; season with salt and pepper. Cook about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate to cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Shred chicken using 2 forks. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine enchilada sauce and crushed tomatoes; season with 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. In a medium bowl mix together chicken, half of the enchilada mixture, cumin, 1 cup Monterrey jack, 1 cup cheddar, and cilantro.
- In a large skillet or casserole dish, spread half of the remaining enchilada mixture on the bottom. Add a small scoop of the chicken mixture in center of 1 tortilla, roll up, place in skillet seam side down. Repeat for remaining tortillas. Spread remaining enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and melted.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.