CRANBERRY/ORANGE ROLL UPS
- 3 cups Dried Cranberries
- Zest of 2 Orange
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 8 oz Blocks of Cream Cheese
- 2-Crescent Roll Sheets
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- tablespoon vegetable oil
Base of Filling
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Generously grease a baking sheet.
- Bring 1 cup of sugar with the orange juice and water to a boil in a saucepan and let boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove the orange juice mixture from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface into a square about 10 inches on each side;
- Mix 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, the nutmeg, and cinnamon together in a bowl with cream cheese and orange juice mixture/syrup.
- Spread butter over the dough. Sprinkle 3 cups of dried cranberries over the butter; sprinkle with 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of white sugar. Spread the Cream Cheese/Cranberry syrup mixture thinly over the 2 Crescent sheets. Roll the dough up jellyroll style, gently press the seam down, and cut the roll into 9 slices, sprinkle with the last 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the rolls are golden brown and the filling is bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.