Easy Chicken Pasta Alfredo
Time: 40 m Serves 6
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Box Fettucini or penne pasta
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh Cremini mushrooms
- 3 cloves of minced garlic, or to taste
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley (Reserve 1 Tbsp for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Prep15 m; Cook25 m; Ready In 40 m
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is hot, about 8 minutes for aldente. Drain.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chicken breast in hot oil until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Melt butter in another skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms and garlic until mushrooms begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir heavy cream into mushrooms and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Add Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese, parsley, and salt. Continue to cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Stir pastai and chicken into mushroom-cream sauce. Simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.