Two Quick Appetizers for any party…….
SMOKED SALMON DIP
2 Pkgs 4 oz Smoked Salmon
2 Pkgs 8 OZ. Cream Cheese
½ lg Lemon Juiced
8 Sm Green Onions Diced
½ tsp Hot Sauce (to taste)
Shred Salmon and mash into cream cheese. Add other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
BABA GHANOUSH (Mediterranean Eggplant Dip)
- 2 large eggplant
- 2 tablespoons tahini sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 Kosher Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
- 1 pinch dried parsley flakes, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Arrange oven racks so you have one low and one high in the oven.
- Cut the eggplant in half and place into an oiled baking dish.
- Roast in preheated oven on the lower rack until the eggplant is completely shrunken and soft, about 40 minutes. Move dish to higher rack and continue baking until the skin is charred, about 5 minutes more. Let eggplant cool until cool enough to handle.
- Peel and discard skin from eggplant. Put eggplant into a bowl; add tahini, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir until ingredients are evenly mixed. Drizzle olive oil over the baba ghanoush and garnish with parsley.