Woman of the World…
We are women of worth. Do not think of us as an object. We are not to be run through the filters of patriarchal ad campaigns. We are extraordinary women who make the world a better place.
We fight silent battles every day that would bring many a warrior to their knees. We are more courageous than frail. We are more capable of rising above the fray than most humans.
We wear an invisible crown of glory as we do not need to flaunt our gifts. Our hearts are boundless and we keep the collective conscious vibrating on keel with our energies. We are women who know the value of loyalty, love, honesty, and above all trust
We do not need a man to complete us, but we know, and care for, a good man when we find one. We are as fierce as mother tigers defending our young and our family. We multitask better than humanly possible and we nurture better than Mother Nature herself. And we do these things, not because we have to, but because we want to.
The best thing for you to remember when dealing with us is the old saying….”That which does not kill us had better start running”!!!!!!!!!!
Namaste, The Queen Cronista
How do you think the Universe would speak to you today? Well, I tell you this…it only wants the very best for each of us. However, it is ultimately up to our daily thoughts, to allow the best to happen. The loving Universe would tell you that you are a special vibration of light. You are the only being that has ever vibrated at this frequency in all of eternity.
Every human benefits from your vibration when you turn it on high beam. That is when your true essence shines through. Your healing touch, your kindness and generosity, your powerful spirit, are all giving to your world when you turn on the full frequency; that is you and only you.
The music of the spheres is drawn to you and even angels love to be near you. Know this, vibrate this, and your world will change wonderfully each new day.
The Queen of the Cosmos
Namaste the Queen Cronista
Herb Rubbed Sirloin Tip Roast
- 1 1/4 Tablespoons Smoky Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 4 ( Pound) Sirloin Tip Roast
- 1 Bag Of Fingerling Potatoes Halved Lengthwise
- 1 Pound Of Brussels Sprouts Halved Lengthwise
- 1/2 Cup Of Water With 4 Tablespoons Of Worcestershire Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix the paprika, kosher salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, and thyme. Stir in the olive oil, and allow the mixture to sit about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a Dutch Oven or 9×13 aluminum baking pan
- Spread the potatoes and Brussels Sprouts in the bottom pour Worcestershire and water over vegetables.
- Place the roast in the prepared Dutch Oven or baking pan, and cover on all sides with the spice mixture. Cover or Tent the roast until 15 minutes before cooking time is up. Pull off Lid or tent and roast 15-20 more minutes until brown on top.
- Roast 1 hour in the preheated oven, or to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Let sit 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with herb roasted fingerling potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts on the side.
Roquefort Or Gorgonzola Pear Salad
- 1 Head Bib Lettuce, Torn Into Bite-Size Pieces
- 1 Small Bag Baby Spinach
- 3 Pears – Peeled, Cored And Chopped
- 5 Ounces Roquefort Or Gorgonzola Cheese, Crumbled
- 1 Avocado – Peeled, Pitted, And Diced
- 1/2 Cup Thinly Sliced Green Onions
- 1/8 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Prepared Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/8 cup of sugar together with the pecans. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces.
- For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, spinach, pears, cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, toss and serve.
What’s your jazz (a/k/a passion)?
I am the Queen Cronista (indicating some age and wisdom; hopefully). I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up!!! I retired at 62 (after 42 years with Fortune 500 organizations) and became VP of Operations and Media for a Non-Profit Organization. I now manage and office, do payroll, design and maintain a websites, do daily blogs, teach high schoolers and volunteer for about 4 different ministries.
I took on a job as CFO of another non-profit last year and am trying to get a factory in our land-locked,depressed area of Appalachia to provide 750 jobs to needy families who want to work. None of these things had I done before I retired. Doesn’t sound very retired does it?
However, helping others has become my retirement dream come true. My passion is to put my type A personality to good use with all the experience my career gave me. Once I got out of corporate America I learned to choose my bliss more carefully and to set my priorities where I’d always wanted to. So you see…you don’t need to know what you want to be when you grow up. The Universe has a way of training you for what your ultimate passion will be….at sometime in the future. This knowledge should lend to a certain sense of peace. It gives you freedom and independence. It may require a tweaking of the paths direction, but it is still a more peaceful existence.
There is an action plan I use. Use mine or make your own. It’s all up to you.
- Focus: learn to define you think you want in this snapshot of time; now
- Picture it as yours, all the time.
- Visualize it with passion and deliberateness
- Do not let negative people limit your beliefs, they will try!
- Stay away from negative influences. Surround yourself with those who support you
- The Universe has your ultimate best in mind always…Listen to that voice inside for direction
- Then TAKE ACTION!!! The Universe only helps those who want to help themselves
- Do not work on crafting a career. Craft a “LIFE” joyfully lived!
There that’s not so hard. All it takes if daily focus and determination. We’ve got your backs. The Cronistas love you and send good vibration to all who are in our viewing distance. You’ve got this!
The Queen Cronistas
Mediterranean Penne n Cheese main
- Kosher Salt
- 8 Oz. Penne Pasta
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 C. Heavy Cream (or Half-And-Half)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Italian or Tuscan Seasoning
- 1 C. Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 1 12-Oz. Jar Roasted Red Peppers, Drained And Chopped
- 1 C. Packed Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 C. Sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Stir in garlic until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle flour over butter and stir until thickened. Gradually whisk in heavy cream (or half-and-half) until smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir in shredded cheeses until melted, then add pasta to skillet and stir to combine.
- Add roasted red peppers, spinach leaves, and mushrooms. Stir until spinach is tender. Add salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately with a garden salad and garlic bread.
I cannot help but think we could all use this reminder often!!!!
Namaste, The Queen Cronista
RULES FOR SONS:
RULES FOR SONS:
1. Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.
2. Don’t enter a pool by the stairs.
3. The man at the BBQ Grill is the closest thing to a king.
4. In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
5. Request the late check-out.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Hold your heroes to a higher standard.
8. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
9. Play with passion or not at all…
10. When shaking hands, grip firmly and look them in the eye.
11. Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
12. If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
13. Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.
14. You marry the girl, you marry her family.
15. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
16. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
17. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
18. Never turn down a breath mint.
19. A sport coat is worth 1000 words.
20. Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
21. Thank a veteran. Then make it up to him.
22. Eat lunch with the new kid.
23. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
24. Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
25. Manners maketh the man.
26. Give credit. Take the blame.
27. Stand up to Bullies. Protect those bullied.
28. Write down your dreams.
29. Always protect your siblings (and teammates).
30. Be confident and humble at the same time.
31. Call and visit your parents often. They miss you.
What’s Your Color?
If someone asked you something subjective like what their favorite color should be, what would you reply? It is not our place to choose. One must follow the vibration within their very soul to know what is right for them. They must learn to listen to the voice within.
Tell them… listen to your spirit. It will tell you. We actually may need to follow the vibration of different colors on any given day. If we are having problems of the heart…green might be that color. If we are having issues with boundaries (ours or others) yellow may the color of the day. As long as you feel good about any choice on any given day….that is your answer.
No one ever, not even for a second, has the right answer for you except your own spirit. You are your very own best teacher. Listen and go with your soul’s advice. You’ll get better as you practice.
The Queen Cronista